Thursday 6 May 2010

Pretties in the Post

You know , the Postman doesn't always bring disagreeable things to the door; like bills and junk mailings. Sometimes you get a big surprise ... like I did this afternoon, when I found a package all the way from Denmark waiting for me!


Look at my lovely gifts from my very special friend Tina (of Tiny Bear fame) ; a beautiful vintage cream fabric "pocket" with frothy ribbon and button trims , which was packed with mini-bear Upholstery Velvets , and a sweet little bundle tied with vintage lace, full of tiny bit-bobs to delight any miniaturist! Thank you so very much Tina from the bottom of my heart! If you'd like to check out Tina's magical way with vintage pretties take a look here
It was raining hard all this morning , but now the sun has come out and I definitely feel like smiling! :0)
I'm about to get stuck in to creating some new bears for the Stratford Teddy Bear Artist Event ... and I might just have to use that intriguing long purple fur you can see in the photo...



I can't let today's post go without mentioning the big event of the day - namely The General Election , here in the UK. After all that media coverage of hot air , cheesy waffle and weasely obfuscation, the people will get their say. Did you know that it wasn't until 1928 that all women over 18 were finally granted full voting rights? I exercised my equal and democratic rights early this morning ; up at the weeny little church polling station. I was even glad to go out in the pouring rain! Speaking as the mother of a first time voter (aged 20) I sincerely hope that the Facebook / Big Brother / PS3 generation will think it worth the "shoe-leather" to get out of the house and do the same!?!

T.T.F.N  Ruth XX

2 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Isn't Tina just the sweetest friend to send you all those goodies? Can't wait to see what you make with the mini fabrics.

As for voting...well I am all for excercising my democratic rights too, but honestly sometimes one wonders if it's all worth it...you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Ruth said...

HeeHee Sandi - I just heard the candidate I voted for wasn't the one who got in :0( ahhhh well!
Loves to you , Ruth xxxx