Tuesday 24 June 2008

Decisions , Decisions .....


So many decisions to make , so much tennis to watch on tv ..........

Should I start selling some bears on that scary selling venue eBay ??? The last time I did was over 2 years ago and it seems as though it's become an even more dog-eat-dog cyber world than ever before ! Sellers are being squeezed from a lot of directions . I've even got a template ready to go - although I feel it doesn't quite reflect the bears as they are right now , I'm not sure if anything can be done about that . I also realise that the "scary" bit goes hand in hand with a lot of potential promotion of your bears ; a very definite plus and way cheaper than taking out traditional advertising !

Should I book that 2nd Fair stand for November ??? Logistically it would be a bit of a nightmare , but I'd love to do another fair , and I'd have plenty of time to create new bears . It is tricky , however , to have a young son who needs to be at school bright and breezy on a Monday morning - so no leisurely trips back home the day afterward . Hmmmm

Anyway whilst wrestling with all this , in the background it's Wimbledon !! Hurrah !!
I just love the two weeks of flashing tennis balls, beeping line calls, impossibly tanned/honed bodies , cheering crowds , and informative commentating . Oh , and strawberries - preferrably with lashings of cream (makes you feel like you're really there , but doesn't cost a king's ransom! ;0) !) Polite applause now...

Thwok !!

T.T.F.N Ruth x
(Details of both the above bears on my website)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hiya. I know your problem, sort of. I have only really ever sold on ebay but would like to sell from my website and maybe other places, but find that hard. Its kind of back to front. At the moment its very cheap to list so if you look at it like advertising, like you say...can't go wrong. You make gorgeous bears, spread the word, its hard work ebay, but you get to 'meet' some lovely collectors. Good luck if you decide to, email me if you want some moral support. Hugs, Amanda x

Ruth said...

Oh thanks Amanda ! :0) I think I am going to take the plunge as soon as I can - I may need to get your "seasoned" advice !! Glad to know there's always friendly support *hugs*
Ruth x