Monday 26 March 2012

Feeling Spring-y!


I've been thoroughly enjoying the beautiful Spring sunshine here in the UK over the weekend. I realise it's a total cliche but skipping and "tra-la-laaing", through the town on Saturday, probably wouldn't have raised anyone's eyebrows! I saw plenty of English-men-of-a-certain-age wearing shorts - which is just unheard of frankly! In fact it's amazing what a transformation comes over everybody in these drizzley little Isles when the big yellow thing in the sky shows an unseasonally smiling face, and graces us with its presence. People look less.... grumpy, and definitely less careworn.

In the spirit of all this sunny, "flowers are looking pretty" mood, I've framed up the last one of my current Bygone Bruin collection bears. He does look a little wistful now all his friends have left :0)




This gorgeously soft little fellow is "Lucian" - just a tad over 2.5" tall, made from an extra long pile Upholstery velvet. His fur is a pale robin-egg blue (I might have some of these in my garden soon!) and he's wearing an Antique lace ruffled collar with a silk ribbon trim. Lucian is priced at £68 GBP.

Wishing everyone all the joys of Spring,

T.T.F.N  Ruth xx

2 comments:

Kays Kids said...

I'm glad you did so well Ruth. Your little bear is a marvel being so small.
Hugs

Ruth said...

Thank you Kay :0)
Are you heading in to Autumn over there? I'm so attached to wearing jumpers it almost takes the "shine" off all our early warm weather!!!

Hugs, Ruth xx