Tuesday, 8 January 2013
Happy New Year!!
I am now 6 weeks past all that nasty surgery, and I'm feeling so much better! Just in time to start everything anew for a brand new year :0) I have picked up my materials again; after what feels like an eternity, and I'm under "starters orders" with lovely new creations for Hugglets. I tried not to just totally waste time though, and I've enjoyed making friends with my Kindle Fire (we're Best Friends actually! Lol) I've read through "No Name" by Wilkie Collins, and a new factual book the "Complete History of Jack The Ripper" by Philip Sugden (a somewhat wince-inducing choice when you've just had abdominal surgery!) also "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James, and I've downloaded lots of books, including many classics that I either own in physical form (some read, some not) or those I would've bought if I'd suddenly received the world's biggest book token! You see there are MANY classic books to download for FREE (yes; actually free - I couldn't believe the serendipitous luck of it either!!!) In fact I like to think of my Kindle like this:-
I don't normally make New Year Resolutions but there are several things I'd like to achieve this year:
* another visit to York
* a journey to Wightwick Manor - Victorian house stuffed with Arts and Crafts decor, and Pre-Raphaelitisms.
* a lovely celebration of my 25th wedding Anniversary, on 25th June. Maybe a luxury stay in Bath?????
* continue making time for some reading before going to bed!
* keep letting my inspiration flow, and work always to my highest standards
* on a more humble / fundamental note; I'd like to be walking / lifting / stretching normally within the next 6 weeks... so I can be totally ME again! Hooray for that day! :0)
Whoever, and wherever you are I wish you continued Good Health and Happiness, and my Best Wishes for 2013.
Mini Beary Hugs,