Tuesday 23 December 2008

Last Post !



I just managed to get these pics ; above is my new , absolutely favourite decoration which I pounced on in Paperchase . I love these elegant hands ; reminds me of those old Mavala adverts that used to be seen on the wall in hairdressers ( remember them ?) As a child I was so fascinated by those stylish , sleek , impossibly glamorous finger nails - harking back to 1930s Vogue illustrations - that I determined I would grow mine long when I was a bit older . Well , dear reader I did ! My nails have been ultra long since I was 14 ... I'd be lost without them LOL .
I just knew that this star with a pearly centre was "the one" to hang from a finger . Wish I could leave it in place all year .....




Next are the Red Nose family ; felties I designed and made when my 18 yr old was a baby . They come out every year to survey proceedings - ahhhhh!


I'm such a lucky girl to have a really special friend like Tina ; here are the exquisite vintage decorations which she sent me as a thoughtful little gift . Don't worry , I shan't burn the house down ; the "tea light" in that organza bag is battery powered - they look really sweet under my tiny tree on top of the dresser.

One last thing , before I crash out with coughing , and crossing my fingers the "fairies" make it to the end of the To Do list - and that is to wish everybody ; friends ,fellow bear makers , collectors and bloggers ,

a very Happy Christmas and New Year !

Festive Hugs ,

Ruth xx

4 comments:

Matilda said...

Thankyou Ruth for inviting me into your christmasy world. What beautiful displays.
Merry Christmas and may 2009 smile upon you with his cheesiest smile.
xxxxxx

Ruth said...

Hope you're having a great time on your holidays Wendy :0)
A very Happy New Year to you too ,
Huggos , Ruth x

Anonymous said...

OOOO... I'm in awe of that gorgeous hand too!!!! I would totally leave that up all year! Beautiful & elegant! Hugs and a happy 2009 to you!

Ruth said...

Thank you Kim !
A very Happy and healthy New Year to you and your family :0)
Hugs , Ruth